Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chamois cream

Red face Chamois cream

Any recommendations for chamois creams?

Assos, commonly known as 'Minty Ar*e Lard' it is minty and creates a 'cool' feeling so just put it on the chamios........ can sting a bit otherwise.

Some chamois cream makers do make a version without the menthol that gives the Minty effect. Chamois Butt'r is one I think.

Super Moderator Nat@JoyrideCycles's Avatar
    if you want to avoid that minty feeling, avoid 'euro style' in the description!

Haven't found one that works for me yet. Sudocreme fixes any sore bits up pretty well post-ride.
    Instagram @bikeshopnat | Blog Joyride Cycles Bikeshopnat | Facebook Joyride Womens | Strava Nat@JoyrideCycles

'Udderly Smooth' cream, Wiggle sell it. They do a sensitive version as well...

Great stuff, I use it on every ride. No 'minty' feeling, can be cold though!! Get in the habit of using it on every ride, cream your shorts, not yourself. Trust me, it's a life-saver, especially in the summer

Savlon does a pretty good job and is easily available. I have never used anything else.

Super Moderator
    I started off with Assos cream but it didn't seem to last for long enough, so I moved over to Camphor Cream - it helped no end and didn't have any unwanted side effects. It's not marketed as a chamois cream but I would recommend it http://www.camphorcream.com helped me no end!

I have found that BodyGlide is amazing. Triathletes use it for everything from wetsuits rubbing to cycling shorts!!!

I've used a few different brands but I've honestly found that, as Lizzy said, Savlon works really well.

I've used both Assos and Sudacreme, but find the one that suits me is Natures Kiss Chafe Ease, always use this on my longer rides and the sudacreme on shorter rides.