Total Women's Cycling | The Most Popular Cycling Website For Women

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a 404 code

That page is either no longer available, or you've mistyped a URL. If you're certain the URL is correct, please e-mail us and let us know.

No route found for "GET /fm/nav-external/"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Women's MTB group WALES

Hi!
    I live in West Wales, and I'm new(ish) to the MTB scene and I'd like to find a female riding group in Wales. I'd say I'm currently at a Blue/Red level, but looking to progress and get better.
    I've ridden Brechfa and other wooded areas, but nothing big and further afield as I don't know the area too well.

So if you're interested in doing something, just add me/contact me

Hey I live in West Wales, closest trail to me is Nant yr Arian near Aber - I'm currently studying in Falmouth however but home for the holidays and would be nice to have some female company on the trails!

Quote Originally Posted by ruggles94 View Post
    Hey I live in West Wales, closest trail to me is Nant yr Arian near Aber - I'm currently studying in Falmouth however but home for the holidays and would be nice to have some female company on the trails!
    Ah Awesome!
    I didn't know if anyone would see my post, let alone live in Wales nearby. My closest trails are Brechfa and Afan, but I would be happier to venture to Aber, or meet halfway.
    I'm totally new to this site, is there any way to chat via message/email?

Hi, I live in Swansea and would love to have some female company to go mountain biking. I am blue/red level also, though I am quite steady. Afan is obviously very close to me, but I do also like Brechfa,

Quote Originally Posted by Emma-Jayne View Post
    Hi, I live in Swansea and would love to have some female company to go mountain biking. I am blue/red level also, though I am quite steady. Afan is obviously very close to me, but I do also like Brechfa,
    That's great to hear! I'd like that. I'm steady as well, I have had lung surgery so im trying to build up my breathing which keeps me from pushing myself too hard at the moment. Do you have an email address I can contact you on? Or facebook?

Hi I live in Swansea too, exciting to hear some local female riders are out there! I am pretty beginnerish but am learning quickly. I am looking for a better hardtail at the mo to so I can tackle the trails with greater confidence. I would be really interested in a local group too and would love to here some feedback on any Wales trails you guys have been to as well.

Red face More welsh MTB women, i like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripleytrailrider View Post
    Hi I live in Swansea too, exciting to hear some local female riders are out there! I am pretty beginnerish but am learning quickly. I am looking for a better hardtail at the mo to so I can tackle the trails with greater confidence. I would be really interested in a local group too and would love to here some feedback on any Wales trails you guys have been to as well.
    Awesome to hear from you!
    I've been to Brechfa a lot and I think the trails there are ace for beginners through to more advanced riders. The green and blue are really fun and about 15km in total. I've not braved the black trail yet, but I'm working up to it
    I'd love to get a female group together from the Swansea/Carmarthenshire area and occaisionally meet up for rides.
    Do you have an email address I could contact you on?

I don't really know how to use this forum/site well so I can't see if there's a way to direct message people, but my email address is: girl.strange@gmail.com if you'd like to get in touch a perhaps arrange a trip somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpine View Post
    Awesome to hear from you!
    I've been to Brechfa a lot and I think the trails there are ace for beginners through to more advanced riders. The green and blue are really fun and about 15km in total. I've not braved the black trail yet, but I'm working up to it
    I'd love to get a female group together from the Swansea/Carmarthenshire area and occaisionally meet up for rides.
    Do you have an email address I could contact you on?
    Great to hear from you, I have emailed you and would love to join a group/ride occasionally if we can get something together.

I have not been to Brechfa yet but had a look at it online, definately one for the diary. I have ridden Afan Fforest a few times and love it up there.

I ride everyday as use it also as a way to exercise my dog too but mostly it is just early mornings before work and so stay local to Swansea. Mostly Clyne Valley which has a few 'baby' trails, I venture further afield to better trails at the weekends though.

Still interested to here anyone else's views on any of the trails in Wales.

I would not be ready to try a black trail yet either but hopefully with time will get my skills up to that level.

Cool! I've responded via email.
    It'll be great to get a small girls group together in the area for occaisional trips

For anyone else interested in a Welsh women's MTB group, just email me: girl.strange@gmail.com If I get enough interest I'll arrange a Facebook group or something similar for organising things