Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It seems 2 smilies are too short a message to post, so extra smilies....

Hi Little_Pea. Am in exactly the same boat - haven't bought my bike yet but am getting really excited just browsing! x

Still excited in the Pea household! We have completed our first joint outing, again only around the estate, but the boyfriend (BF) hadn't been out on his bike. It was hilarious! I thought I was unfit, but apparently he is in a worse state than I am, it should horrible to laugh, but at one point he had to stop because he was laughing too much.

I think the image that topped it all off for me was this... BF is a big bloke, and the bike he is currently using was one he did some downhill racing on back in the day (so has a short frame), he did slightly resemble one of those comedy bears on the tiny bike you used to see in circus sketches. Very funny! But we did it, and I think the struggle has motivated him a little more which can only be a good thing!

Busy weekend this weekend, but hoping to get out for bit on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning for a short trip.

Excellent! Glad you are enjoying it together.

Everyone will be happy to keep this condition of Inspired beginner. I consider some social rides if you would enjoy the company of others as well after a while. My preferred a stop for tea and cakes along the way too.)))

I am loving this forum! I feel like the only female on a bike in my town and the only person in a bike shop who doesn't know what to look for / ask for so is intimidated! Great to know there are others new to cycling!

25,years ago cycling was my primary mode of transport and I used to go out on rides with a local club... I am now a few weeks short of 50 and the intervening 25 years are showing! I feel so stiff on the bike and so weak when I come to a hill. And the pain in my neck/ shoulders the next day can be severe. But the feeling of moving on 2 wheels again is wonderful, so I am determined to persevere and hope I eventually get strong enough for the neck pain to decrease.

I will be checking in on this forum to read about other newbies and how it is going for them, to give me moral support