Total Women's Cycling | The Most Popular Cycling Website For Women

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a 404 code

That page is either no longer available, or you've mistyped a URL. If you're certain the URL is correct, please e-mail us and let us know.

No route found for "GET /fm/nav-external/"

Thread: Bike suspension

Bike suspension

Hello
    New to the site but wanted advice on the new gadget I have seen advertised(dont want to use the trade name in case I got into trouble).
    It is fixed onto the bike on the handle bar to provide a bit of cushioning/suspension when going over lumps & bumps on rides. I get quite sore thumbs & elbows after these sort of rides as I suffer from some arthritis. It looks good & would pay for it but wanted to hear what others say if they have seen it or have one.
    Thanks
    Captain

I didn't get which type of bike you are riding. I had one once on a bike and it worked well but it wasn't a road bike. I too have major problems with my hands and what has worked for me is the very expensive Rapha gloves used by Sky. The padding really works and I come off a 2hr road with no pain in my hand. So take a look at your gloves and the grips on the bike.

suspension for bike

Quote Originally Posted by wknight View Post
    I didn't get which type of bike you are riding. I had one once on a bike and it worked well but it wasn't a road bike. I too have major problems with my hands and what has worked for me is the very expensive Rapha gloves used by Sky. The padding really works and I come off a 2hr road with no pain in my hand. So take a look at your gloves and the grips on the bike.
    Thanks wknight. I have a hybrid not a road bike so the suspension might work but I will look at the gloves as well.