Thread: Oval Chainrings

Oval Chainrings

OK, so who is using oval chainrings, of any brand, on the road?

I use "Absolute Black Race Face Oval Cinch Direct Mount Traction Chainring Black 28t". Which one do you use?

Hi I work on behalf of Absoluteblack, so I have them on three of my MTB's and also my Cyclocross bike.

How's it working for you? My smallest is a 30 on my two FS MTB's, a 32 on my HT and a 34 on my cross bike. I like the hills, so whatever it takes to get over them!

Cheers

Hi, I just thought I'd mention that by popular request we're developing a range of Super Compact road chainrings. Based around a 48/32 tooth ratio for a 110mmBCD/4arm crankset. Ideal for hilly rides or those long mountain sportives later this summer! Should be ready soon. Stay tuned.

AB

We hear an increasing amount of talk from riders (men and women) who struggle to maintain a fluid spin when climbing on bikes with 'tradtional pro-spec' chainring ratios. For anyone running a Shimano double up front, it's worth considering the new sub compact road ovals from absoluteBLACK. For a lot of riders looking to for a bit of faster spin (especially in lumpy terrain) the slightly lower ratios 30/46 and 32/48 can be a big help.
    https://absoluteblack.cc/oval-road-c...-for-110-4bcd/