Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sportives

ahh yes, I have seen that website before, it was doing the rounds on twitter recently, it looks good. I will certainly give you a shout nearer the time Lindsay, would be fab to hook up for a spin, thanks so much :-)
    Twitter: @cyclosally
    http://www.strava.com/athletes/sallymcsorley

I recently moved back to Scotland from Surrey and missing the number of sportives i had to choose from down there. But so far have signed up for a 110 mile one in September that is main training focus - will be my first century ride! Also looking at doing St Andrews, Tour Ride Scotland, Strathaven, and couple of others.

Things I have signed up for thus far:

- I completed the Evans Woking ride last weekend (I was supposed to do 90 miles but after spending 2 days moving & carrying boxes & going up & down steps I wimped out & did the 60 mile route!)
    - London Revolution on 18 & 19 May
    - King of the Downs on 2 June
    - Windsor Triathlon on 16 June (between King of the Downs & Windsor I thought trying for the Wiggle Dragon ride in there as well might be a wee bit too much!)
    - Etape du Tour on 7 July (I'm still asking myself why!!)
    - Ride100 on 4 August
    - Vitruvian half ironman on 31 August

There's a few other events I'm looking at too:
    - Watlington Evans event on 28 April
    - An Etape training weekend in north Wales the first bank holiday in May
    - Hatfield Evans event on 12 May
    - Guildford Challenge (CTC) on Monday 27 May (bank holiday)
    - Chiltern Challenge 100 (CTC) on 23 June

There's also a number of other rides on my 'maybe' list for later in the year, but I haven't booked too much up past 7 July as it will depend entirely on whether I ever want to see a bike again after the Etape! :-)

Signed up this week to do the 100 miles Nottinghamshire Great Bike Ride. This will be my first 100 mile ride as I've just gotten back into road cycling. Can't wait though.

Wow Shas, you have loads of tough challenges lined up, and you got places for the Etape du Tour and Ride100, that's fab!

How is the training going for you all? I am in the process of trying different foods/drinks and varying my weekly training routine to see what makes me feel best. I had been doing around 5-6 rides a week but sometimes been feeling a bit tired, so I am now cutting it down to 3-4 but trying to keep my weekly miles the same and see how that feels. I have also been asked by teapigs to test and review their matcha tea on my blog, so will be doing that over the next week when it arrives. It is meant to help boost stamina.

Twitter: @cyclosally
    http://www.strava.com/athletes/sallymcsorley

My first sportive is in 3wks time and 32-35 miles, no training for that other than getting use to riding the rd bike.I mtb on Sunday's and that is anything from 15 - 25 miles so that is me getting some miles in.
    After May I shall start to get my backside training a bit for the 100km in July, I just hope that the weather is a bit better than last year therefore able to get out. I have started doing a bodypump class to get the strength part of training started.Got some hill training planned, also some rides (rd) no shorter than 20miles. So ready as can be, just ticking of the weeks..
    Elaine

I'm doing the 100 mile Great Nottinghamshire Bike Ride in June. Never done 100 miles in one day (longest so far is about 55 miles), so slightly anxious of how it'll feel, but also really looking forward to it.

I'm doing the Lord Whisky sportive on 27th May in Kent, which is apparently very flat, but windy enough to make up for it. I'm also doing the Cycletta in Guildford in July. Was thinking of doing the one from Surrey Sportspark in Guildford on 19th May, but I've got a feeling Eurovision may have taken its toll by then...