Face masks/anti pollution masks

Hi,

I was wondering whether any of you other city commuters use a face mask when cycling to reduce the fume intake?
    I commute in inner London and have been finding the fumes pretty horrible-added to that a terrible cough and couple of chest infections.
    I hadn't really thought of the fumes as causing any problems but my Mum watched a documentary about the effects of fumes on drivers, pedestrians and cyclists and is now insisting that I should wear a mask when commuting.
    So....long story short, I was wondering whether any of you wear masks/have opinions on them/could recommend a mask?

A x

Hi,

I don't wear a mask and don't worry about it, predominantly on the basis that the contents of a tissue are blacker when I've been on the tube than on my bike! And the health benefits of doing the cycling are probably outweighing the risks of the nasties I'm inhaling. But if you fancy it, I've been on their website for reflectives and Respro are probably the people to go for (respro.com)- all looks very properly done, safety standard compliant etc. They do one that looks like a scarf thing too, less like Darth Vader

Chris

I'm considering buying a pollution mask. I've done a bit of research and the Respro masks are the only ones approved by the BLF. However, they don't do a small size for the petit amongst us. I've asked Respro to comment on this.

Use Face masks it is useful!